On behalf of Stena RoRo, Stena Rederi A/S is looking for Able Seamen for our diverse fleet of RoRo, Ropax and accommodation vessels.
Who are you?
We are looking for reliable and responsible Able Seamen (AB) who will join the Deck Department. Working a rotation schedule of 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off, the Able Seaman will be responsible for handling mooring or anchoring duties, vessel and equipment cleaning, maintenance, navigational watchkeeping duties and other manual labor as required.
We expect the right candidates to have a passion for what they do, and the willingness to develop in the role. For the right candidate we are able to offer a challenging job, with future career opportunities.
Applications from Ordinary Seamen will also be welcome.
- Holding a UK Workpermit and STCW A-II/5 certificate
- STCW Fire Fight, STCW A-VI/1-2
- STCW PSSR, STCW A-VI-4
- STCW PST. STCW A-VI-1
- Security Awareness, STCW A VI/6-1
The Able Seamen responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Assisting in the safe and efficient completion of the duties required by the Chief Officer's standing work routines, planned maintenance jobs, operational duties, mooring/unmooring, loading/unloading, marshalling of traffic, securing/unlashing of vehicles and general maintenance to the parts of the vessel managed by the Chief Officer including cleaning, painting and greasing
• Carrying out lookout and general bridge duties as directed
• Carrying out fire and safety patrols as directed
• Assisting in the maintenance of all firefighting, safety and lifesaving equipment
• Attending all statutory fire and safety drills onboard and assist in training
About Stena RoRo:
Stena RoRo is one of the leading innovators of the roll on/roll off cargo and passenger concepts. They offer RoRo and RoPax vessels with associated services.
About Stena Rederi A/S:
Stena Rederi A/S handles ship management solutions for RoRo, RoPax and PCT tonnage. The ISO certified affiliate is part of the Stena Sphere and committed to work with employees, the environment, quality and safety.