On behalf of Stena RoRo, Stena Marine Management is looking for experienced
2nd Engineers for our diverse fleet of RoRo, Ropax and accommodation vessels.
Who are you?
We are looking for reliable, flexible and responsible 2nd Engineers, who are able to provide our customers and key stakeholders with a high level of service and performance in line with Stena standards. We expect the right candidates to be highly engaged and with the ability to motivate and challenge co-workers.
Most important is that you have a passion for what you do, and the willingness to develop in the role.
Holding a UK work permit is an advantage.
What we offer:
For the right candidate we are able to offer a challenging job, with future career opportunities, as well as the possibility to make an impact on our technical operation.
The 2nd Engineer’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Liaising with the Chief Engineer on day-to-day coordination and ensure close follow-up on duties and efficient work execution with junior Engineers and Engine Room Personnel,
- Daily leader of the Engine Room, and responsible for hours of work in accordance with the Crew Agreement and conditions of service,
- Ensuring the company and manufacturer’s recommendations for overhauling of, and repair work is adhered to,
- Carrying out frequent inspections of all machinery spaces, workshops and store rooms,
- Ensuring all Engine Room emergency equipments are maintained in a first-class condition and ready for immediate use,
- Driving and fostering a strong safety culture onboard.
About Stena RoRo:
Stena RoRo is one of the leading innovators of the roll on/roll off cargo and passenger concepts. They offer RoRo and RoPax vessels with associated services.
About Stena Marine Management:
As a subsidiary to Stena Rederi, Stena Marine Management handles ship management solutions for RoRo, RoPax and PCT tonnage. The ISO certified affiliate is part of the Stena Sphere and committed to work with employees, the environment, quality and safety.